Monday 26 March 2012

Classifying Typefaces


Classifying typefaces makes it much easier for us to decide what to use on a daily basis. Particularly I’ve found the Periodic Table of Typefaces to be most helpful. Using it as a desktop background was very helpful to me, every time I looked at my desktop I was looking at type and studying.
These next posters by Martin Plonka are all about Serif and Sans-serif classification. Besides being a beautiful set, I could see them being very useful in classrooms to help students understand the categories of type as well as seeing examples of the type in application. These posters are somewhat small but Martin covers these categories:
• Slab Serif
• Serif Old Style
• Serif Transitional
• Serif Modern
• Sans Humanist
• Sans (Neo)Grotesque
• Sans Geometric

No comments:

Post a Comment